Adding and editing image layers are the bread and butter of any photo editing or design project! From creating a multilayered masterpiece to curating a professional image for your online store, BeFunky's image tools are built for you. These features work the same throughout our Photo Editor, Collage Maker and Graphic Designer.
Adding an Image Layer
Step 1: With your project open on the canvas and click on Image Manager from the menu on the left.
Step 2: Select the image you'd like to add as a layer, then drag it to your project. Alternatively, you can double click on the image to add it to your project, or right-click on the image to reveal additional options. Here is more information on how to add images to your Image Manager.
Pro Tip: You can also select multiple layers at a time and group your images to edit them together.
Step 3: As the image is added to your canvas, an Image Properties section will appear. Here you can make a variety of changes to the image layer:
- Use the Cutout tool to remove the image layer's background.
- Replace the layer with a new image without having to add another layer.
- Export the layer as its own image, in case you want to save it after making your edits.
- Edit the image layer directly using the full Photo Editor.(scroll down for more info!)
- Add a Color Overlay, Border, Tint , Blend Mode or Drop Shadow to make your image layer match the aesthetic of your project.
- Change the opacity to allow the background to come through.
- Duplicate your layer to make a repeated pattern.
Editing an Image Layer
Once your image layer has been added following the steps above, you can then Edit the image directly, with BeFunky's full library of tools! This includes adding an Artsy effect, touching it up, or any of our numerous Edit tools.
Step 1: Click your Image Layer to open the Image Properties menu.
Step 2: Click the Edit Image button to open the image layer in the Image Layer Editing mode in the Photo Editor.
Step 3: Use all of the tools in the Photo Editor to edit your Image Layer.
Pro Tip: To hide the canvas and isolate your image uncheck the Display Canvas option in the upper right corner. Isolating your image from the canvas can be helpful when using certain editing features.
Step 4: When you’ve finished, click the Done Editing Image button in the top left corner of your screen and you’ll exit back to your project.
Step 5: Continue adding to and editing your creation. If you're done, be sure to save your project!