Use the Paint Brush tool to add your own creative flair to any image you work on. Get started using with a few simple steps and you'll be painting up your own masterpiece in no time! You’ll find the Paint Brush tool in the Touch Up section of the Photo Editor.
Step 1: Open an image into the Photo Editor.
Step 2: Go to the Touch Up area and choose Paint Brush from the Miscellaneous menu.
Step 3: From there you'll have a variety of options to adjust for your paint brush.
- Color: The color you'll be placing on top of the image. Click on the color swatch to have access to the color picker and choose whatever color you'd like to use.
- Blend Mode: These are preset blending filters that change how the layer blends onto the image. Experiment with these to see how they work on your image.
- Opacity: Adjust this slider to make the paint brush appear more or less opaque.
- Brush Size: Move this slider around to make the brush size larger or smaller.
- Brush Hardness: The amount of feathering around the paint brush. Adjust this to have a more pronounced or subtle line around your brush.
Step 4: Using your mouse or trackpad, drag your brush around the areas of the canvas you'd like to paint. If you need to erase certain areas, use the Select tool to remove the paint.
Step 5: Click Apply to save your changes.
Step 6: Continue adding to and editing your creation. If you're done, be sure to save your project!