To make the subject of your image pop, try using the Vignette tool. This creates a darkened border around your image and draws the eye to the subject instead of the surrounding background. The Vignette tool can be located in the Photo Editor section of the app.
This tool is only available for BeFunky Plus subscribers. Upgrade your subscription here!
Step 1: Open your image in the Photo Editor then go to the Edit menu, and find Vignette under the Essentials section.
Step 2: Choose between radial, square, and linear focus shapes. This is similar to using the Funky Focus tool. Once your vignette shape is selected, you can make the following adjustments:
- Location: Click and drag anywhere inside the vignette shape to move the location of the vignette.
- Size: Click and drag the interior circle handles to resize the vignette, keeping the aspect ratio of the shape. To adjust the height and/or width of the vignette, click and drag the exterior square handles.
Pro Tip: You can also keep the aspect ratio when resizing with the square handles by holding down the Shift key while dragging.
- Orientation: The vignette can be rotated by using the square handles.
- Opacity: This changes the transparency of the vignette.
- Color: Click the color swatch to change the color of the area that is faded around your subject.
- Blend Mode: This changes how the vignette is applied to your photo. Read more about Blend Modes.
Pro Tip: While working on your vignette, press the Space Bar to hide the on-canvas controls and get a quick preview of how it looks.
Step 3: Click Apply to save your changes. Continue adding to and editing your creation. If you're done, be sure to save your project!