Overlays are a great way to add a unique flare to your project. They add a shape or texture over your image to highlight your subject. This feature in our Photo Editor lets you choose from dozens of effects to bring your vision to life!
Some tools are only available for BeFunky Plus subscribers. Upgrade your subscription here!
Step 1: Open your image in the Photo Editor and select Overlays from the left-hand menu.
Step 2: Browse the Overlays and select one that fits your desired aesthetic, click on it to apply it to the canvas.
Step 3: Once you've selected your overlay, you have several options to customize the Overlay. Click on the Settings icon to open additional tool:
- Change the Background Color using Color Management to affect everything outside of the Overlay.
- Adjust the Opacity to bring the background of your image through or hide it.
- Size increases or decreases the size of your Overlay.
- Use the Rotation slider to rotate the Overlay over your image.
- Add and adjust Blur of the background on the canvas.
- Shadow will add a shadow to the exposed area on the Overlay to give it depth.
Step 4: Click Apply to save your changes. Continue adding to and editing your creation. If you're done, be sure to save your project!