You're seeing this article because BeFunky is running slow on Chrome. In the 2 mins it takes to follow the steps below, BeFunky will be running 5x faster!
If you've seen this article before and followed the steps below, exit (or quit) Chrome completely, then relaunch Chrome. This should solve your issue.
If this is your first time seeing this article, please follow ALL of these steps:
Step 1: Enable Hardware Acceleration
- Enter the following url into your address bar of Chrome: chrome://settings/?search=hardware+acceleration
- Make sure Hardware Acceleration is enabled.
- Here's a video illustrating how to enable Hardware Acceleration:
2: Update Graphics Drivers (Windows Only)
As browsers update, at times they'll also update what drivers they support. Your drivers should automatically update with your scheduled system updates. However, with Microsoft computers, there are times some drivers may need to be updated manually. Check out these articles below that talk about how to do this:
|Windows 10||Windows 8.1|
Step 3: Override Software Rendering
Important Note: If your device's graphics card and/or driver is on the block list, it is for a specific reason in Chrome. This should be a last resort and is not guaranteed that the app won't crash.
- Enter the following URL into your address bar of Chrome: chrome://flags/#ignore-gpu-blocklist
Make sure the Override software rendering list flag is enabled.
- Here's a video illustrating how you can enable Override software rendering list:
If the above steps did not resolve the issue, please restart your computer.