Getting and staying creative with BeFunky just got easier. You can now access BeFunky from a dedicated window on your desktop! Don’t lose your project by accidentally closing BeFunky or misplacing it in a sea of tabs. Streamline your creativity by installing BeFunky to your desktop today.
To install BeFunky directly to your desktop, you must be using the latest version of Google Chrome and reach the following system requirements:
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 8
- macOS version 10.11 (El Capitan) or higher.
- 2GHz Processor or faster.
- 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended) or more.
- 1024 x 768 display (1280 x 800 recommended) or higher.
Check out this article directly from Google talking about how to download and update Chrome Web Browser.
You'll be installing is known as a Progressive Web App (PWA). This type of app differs from downloading software, the reason being that these types of applications are developed through the web. So in a way, you will be downloading our normal WebApp from your browser tab to your desktop computer!
Once you have established that you have met all our system requirements, and open your BeFunky Workspace within Chrome, you ready to download BeFunky to your computer!
- A prompt to install will appear as a 'Plus Sign Icon' within the address bar of Chrome.
- Click the 'Plus Sign Icon'
- Click 'Install'
Once you've completed the three steps above, you are all set and ready to operate BeFunky directly on your desktop without having to have your browser open.
You are also of course free to uninstall BeFunky from your computer at any time.
- Open a new tab within Chrome.
- Navigate to "chrome://apps."
- Right-click on the "BeFunky Photo Editor" App.
- Select "Remove from Chrome..."
When you have completed the four steps above, your BeFunky Web app will have been removed from your desktop.