Once you've selected your collage layout you'll have some options for customizing it even further. While in the Collage Maker, click the Customize tab on the left menu to see your options.
Grid Layout and Create Your Own Layout
The Collage Maker has two different modes: a Grid mode and Create Your Own mode. The Grid mode is for preset grid layouts or a customized grid layout. The Create Your Own will let you create freeform layouts. The options in the Customize tab will vary slightly depending on which mode you're in.
When in Grid layout you'll see the following options:
- Background Color is the color between your cells. Choose between pre-selected color swatches, or click the first color swatch to choose a custom color to open the Color Picker.
- Adjust the Spacing slider to add more or less space between cells in your collage.
- Adjust the Corner Rounding slider to give each cell a more rounded or squared edge.
- Move the Width and Height to resize your image, and select Lock Aspect Ratio for your project to keep its original aspect ratio without losing image quality. You can also grab the corners of the collage and use the on-canvas controls to resize the image.
- Rotate the images within the layout. The images will retain the orientation of the cell, but you can click+drag them to reorient them to your needs.
- Flip the layout horizontally or vertically while retaining the orientation of the cell.
Create Your Own layout is a freeform collage layout, it has the above features minus Spacing, Corner Rounding, Rotate, and Flip as those are specific to customizing grids.
Pro Tip: Replacing and swapping images can be more easily accomplished with a Grid layout. A Grid Layout will responsively adjust and images will snap into place. Whereas with the Create Your Own Layout, you will need to manually adjust the image and surrounding cells as needed.
Click on the Patterns tab in the left-hand menu to see our pattern options. Double-click on one to set it as the background for your collage. Or click and drag the pattern to fill a cell.
Click on the Graphics tab to access thousands of graphics in the BeFunky library. Once you find some you like, double-click or drag them into the canvas to incorporate them in your collage. Once you've selected a graphic you'll see the Graphic Properties window open, which will give you options to add color overlays, tints, and more.
Click on the Text button from the left-hand menu, then click the Add Text button to add a text layer to your collage. Type in the text you want to use, then use the Text Properties panel to make adjustments to your text styling and alignment.