When using BeFunky's effects, they often cover the entire canvas. Select Mode allows you to apply a specific filter/effect on a particular area of an image. Our A.I. automatically discerns the foreground and the background of an image. This was previously called Erase Mode in BeFunky.
Step 1: Click the effect to apply it to the entire image.
Step 2: Click on the effect settings, and click the Select panel. By default, the effect will be applied to the whole image.
Step 2a (optional): In the bottom navigation bar, check the box next to Show Mask to see where the effect is applied to the image. The mask will appear as a light green. Uncheck the box to remove the mask.
Step 3: You can work in multiple ways to selectively apply an effect:
- Whole Image: Applies the effect to the entire image.
- Foreground: Applies the effect to the foreground.
- Background: Applies the effect to the background.
- Select the Inverse button to invert where the effect is applied.
Customize Effect Area
Fine-tune the Brush Size, Brush Hardness, and Brush Strength to your liking.
- Selectively add or remove parts of the effect on your image by selecting the Keep or Remove buttons.
- Keep: Click and drag to apply the effect onto areas of the canvas.
- Remove: Click and drag to erase the where the effect is applied.
Step 4: Click Apply to save your changes. Continue adding to and editing your creation. If you're done, be sure to save your project!
Looking for more inspiration? Check out another tutorial:Understanding the Brush Settings
How to Create Black & White Photos with Pops of Color